Meet our new Shinshinim (Israeli Young Emissaries)! Click here to learn about them. We will have them here in September!
The Mercy Learning Center of Bridgeport (provides basic literacy and life skills training for low income women/daycare support) is in desperate need of diapers. A collection box will be located in the synagogue lobby. Diapers (sizes 4, 5 and 6) are desperately needed at the center. Please help!
AARP Driving Class, With Instructor
Monday, August 11, 9:00 a.m.–
1:00 p.m. in the temple library.
Please join our congregant, Ernest “Ernie” Malecki, who
is well versed in training this four-hour, one-day class
designed by AARP for senior drivers. Not only will Ernie
give you tips to save on your insurance costs, but more
important, driving tips that may save your life and the
safety of those around you.
- Ride Israel: Congregational Bike Trip to Israel
October 30-November 9, 2014
Time is running out to sign up! Deadline is June 30th. Join us for a ten day trip of cycling through the north and exploring Israel’s most interesting cities and sites. We are teaming up with Temple Emanuel of Denver to put together one of the best bike trips you will find anywhere in the world. See Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Haifa, Tzfat, and beautiful views of the north. New course is mostly flat or downhill. Friends are invited too.
Price: $2,500 (with possible refund), not including flight. Includes hotels, bikes, support staff, and most meals. Please contact Rabbi Schultz, email@example.com to sign up or to learn more!!!
- The temple has added another domain name that
may be easier for congregants and interested Web
browsers to key in: http://www.cbibpt.org. You can
still use http://www.congregationbnaiisrael.org if
you like. Now there’s a choice!
- The Young Families Havurah at B’nai Israel is a group of young families who celebrate Shabbat and Jewish holidays together. We meet every Saturday morning for bagels, family-friendly services, songs, crafts, stories and playground time. We have exciting events coming soon for Purim and Passover. Do you know of young families who would like to be part of our fun and relaxed Jewish community? Our programming is geared for children ages seven and younger. Everyone is welcome at the Young Families Havurah – families do not need to be members of Congregation B’nai Israel to participate. Please contact Evan Schultz to join our mailing list and to learn about upcoming events with the Young Families Havurah.
Check us out online: www.youngfamilieshavurah.blogspot.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/youngfamilieshavurah
students connected to B'nai Israel by sending us their addresses...click
- Is There Ever a Good Time?
It never seems to be the right time to discuss or
purchase cemetery plots. But purchasing a plot for
ourselves or a loved one is something many of us will
have to deal with. About a year ago, we determined that
we could develop additional plots in the new section in
the Kings Highway cemetery. Although many of these
have been sold, there are still some Kings Highway
plots available. If you are interested in learning more,
please call the temple office or contact Mark Shangold
at firstname.lastname@example.org or Bernie Jacobs at bjdjacobs@
aol.com. We can also help you choose plots in our
cemetery in Monroe.
- Hospital Information It has come to our attention that we are not getting accurate information from local hospitals when our congregants or family members are admitted to their facility. We are particularly concerned when we are asked why our clergy has not made a visit to a particular hospital.
Our inquiries always show that the person’s name has been listed under another synagogue and that is the reason we are not made aware of the hospitalization.
We are, once again, asking for your help. If you, a family member, neighbor or friend who belongs to B’nai Israel is admitted to any hospital, please take a minute and call the Temple office with that information. We would rather have a dozen calls than to not be aware of someone’s hospitalization.
- Radio “Outreach” On Friday Nights Do you miss attending Shabbat services because you are homebound? If so, you can now listen to our Friday night services on special radio receivers which are available to you on loan from the Temple.
Contact Cantor Blum.
- College is expensive. B'nai Israel can help! Click here to learn more about the Fields/Nussenfeld Scholarship Fund.
- Get weekly B'nai Israel news in your e-mail in-box. Subscribe
to Reaching Out@Congregation B'nai Israel! Click
- Are you moving out of town? Let us help you connect with a synagogue in your new community. Click here.
Item/Food of the Month:
Boxed or Canned Pasta!
In addition to items of the month, Operation Hope is in need of specific items. Please click here to view their list.
Click here for
Jewish World News
Click here for
News from the Religious Action Center
Sh'ma Magazine's Monthly Ethics Column is a thought provoking feature! Click Here!