- High Holy Day Sermons are online!
Back in Europe,
Lifelong Learning – Fridays at Noon, October 10, 17, 24 and 31. Read more...
- Parenting Jewishly — Monday Midrasha: Mondays at 7:00 p.m.,
November 3, 10 and 17. Read more...
- The Cinema comes to CBI. See The Flat Saturday,
November 8, 2014
at 4:00 p.m. in commemoration of Kristalnacht. Read more...
- Disinvesting Israel - Our Shabbat Dinner Series resumes on Friday Evening, November 14 at 8:15 following services and dinner, featuring Rev. William Harter who will speak on recent the Presbyterian Vote on divestment from the companies that do business with Israel. Read more...
students connected to B'nai Israel by sending us their addresses...click
- What Happened To
The Temple bulletin comes once a
month, but how do you stay on top of
everything that happens at B’nai Israel
in between? Subscribe to our weekly
email, now renamed Hashavua. Contact
Lynn at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
- Food for the Soul
Before each Shabbat service, the temple
provides a small Oneg in the lobby.
These small (nut-free) snacks and
drinks are a great ice-breaker, a perfect
quick bite, and a helpful distraction for
toddlers and younger children. If you
are interested in volunteering to bring
in Shabbat treats, please contact Naomi
Schaffer at email@example.com.
- The Young Families Havurah at B’nai Israel is a group of young families who celebrate Shabbat and Jewish holidays together. We meet every Saturday morning for bagels, family-friendly services, songs, crafts, stories and playground time. We have exciting events coming soon for Purim and Passover. Do you know of young families who would like to be part of our fun and relaxed Jewish community? Our programming is geared for children ages seven and younger. Everyone is welcome at the Young Families Havurah – families do not need to be members of Congregation B’nai Israel to participate. Please contact Evan Schultz to join our mailing list and to learn about upcoming events with the Young Families Havurah.
Check us out online: www.youngfamilieshavurah.blogspot.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/youngfamilieshavurah
- Is There Ever a Good Time?
It never seems to be the right time to discuss or
purchase cemetery plots. But purchasing a plot for
ourselves or a loved one is something many of us will
have to deal with. About a year ago, we determined that
we could develop additional plots in the new section in
the Kings Highway cemetery. Although many of these
have been sold, there are still some Kings Highway
plots available. If you are interested in learning more,
please call the temple office or contact Mark Shangold
at firstname.lastname@example.org or Bernie Jacobs at bjdjacobs@
aol.com. We can also help you choose plots in our
cemetery in Monroe.
- Hospital Information It has come to our attention that we are not getting accurate information from local hospitals when our congregants or family members are admitted to their facility. We are particularly concerned when we are asked why our clergy has not made a visit to a particular hospital.
Our inquiries always show that the person’s name has been listed under another synagogue and that is the reason we are not made aware of the hospitalization.
We are, once again, asking for your help. If you, a family member, neighbor or friend who belongs to B’nai Israel is admitted to any hospital, please take a minute and call the Temple office with that information. We would rather have a dozen calls than to not be aware of someone’s hospitalization.
- Radio “Outreach” On Friday Nights Do you miss attending Shabbat services because you are homebound? If so, you can now listen to our Friday night services on special radio receivers which are available to you on loan from the Temple.
Contact Cantor Blum.
- College is expensive. B'nai Israel can help! Click here to learn more about the Fields/Nussenfeld Scholarship Fund.
- Are you moving out of town? Let us help you connect with a synagogue in your new community. Click here.
Item/Food of the Month:
Boxed or Canned Pasta!
In addition to items of the month, Operation Hope is in need of specific items. Please click here to view their list.
Click here for
Jewish World News
Click here for
News from the Religious Action Center
Sh'ma Magazine's Monthly Ethics Column is a thought provoking feature! Click Here!